Cape Point Route has been running a series of Social Media Workshops for tourism businesses in the South Peninsula. We have converted our offices into a “conference room” for 8 people and have worked our way through 4 social media platforms in each session.
Tourism suppliers in the area have been asking how and what to post on Facebook; trying to figure out the Twitter language and how to link You Tube and videos to these platforms and making video work for them. The latest social media hype is of course Pinterest and just understanding what it is and how it works have been keeping us on our toes to explain over and over again. Due to the demand in questions we have run these workshops and included the following details to save repetition.
- Setting up your business page or amended the details
- Making your page work for you- managing the administration of the page
- What and when to post to Facebook
- Add photos & albums
- How to post and promote an event
- Setting up your Twitter account
- What does @, RT, # and FF mean and how do you use them?
- Who to follow
- Navigating through trends and timelines
- Tweeting for “dummies”
- Twitter Tips
- Setting up your You Tube account
- Customizing your page & channel
- Uploading and adding videos
- Sharing videos
- Promoting your video channel
- Linking video to your social media feeds
- You Tube tips
- Pin Who? Pin What? It’s the latest social media thing and can work for you!
- Set up your Pinterest account.
- Learn how to create a board
- Learn how to pin and how to repin.
Pulling it all together! THINK BEFORE YOU SYNC!
If Social Media is confusing or overwhelming for you and if you run a small tourism business in the south peninsula – please contact us to join in one of the upcoming workshops to help you get started.
Each course is usually held on a Wednesday afternoon for approx 3 hours from 2-5pm at Cape Point Route’s offices in Glencairn. The sessions are practical so you need to bring your own notebook, all your business details and approximately 10 images for your business as YOU do the work, while we facilitate and guide you through the steps.
Contact Cape Point Route via email to apply for a workshop slot, pricing and availability.
Tel: 021 782 9356
Cape Point Route offers day tours, packages, accommodation, activities and car hire in Cape Town’s south peninsula in addition to teambuilding events in Cape Town. Call 021 782 9356 or visit www.capepointroute.co.za
We are now on Pinterest!