Annual planning meetings are common events at the beginning of a new calendar year.
Companies look ahead to a new year of challenges and opportunities – whether your company is discussing where it can save money, how it measures progress & targets, what difference technology will make and what the company is doing to innovate & grow?
Corporate strategic planning sessions are important to turn the lofty dreams and aspirations into action – but one needs a realistic achievable plan. It’s a good idea to review your progress from the last planning session and set new business goals including sales revenues and net profits. So you enthusiastically organize a half day planning session in the boardroom to set the new year in motion. By lunch-time, you realize that you haven’t really touched sides and your focused realistic action plan has not materialised!
Cape Point Route is not in the business of facilitating nor implementing your company strategy… we are in the business of creating space for you to do that! Here are some planning suggestions.
- Select a meeting location conducive to good discussion – Get Out of the Office!
- Eliminate distractions during the meeting (cell phones, office background noise)
- Have specific start and end times per session.
- It is a mistake to cram too much into a limited amount of time – break up the sessions to manageable sectors
- Equally bad: Don’t try to accomplish more by having a meeting that drags on for too long each day.
- Create some ebb and flow – take a break, include an ice-breaker or a fun teambuilding activity to keep the energy, innovation and collaboration for major breakthroughs in your business in 2016.
Cape Point Route Conference Recommendations for your 2016 Strategy Session!
Beautiful and calm Simon’s Town is the perfect destination for a strategic gathering near the friendly colony of penguins. We recommend:
- Simon’s Town Quayside Hotel for your conference needs.
- Simon’s Town Amazing Race on foot for your team-building requirements.
Located on the beach front is a hip hotel with state of the art conference facilities. Dig up some key targets & plan the profits. We recommend:
- Calders Hotel & Conference Centre for your conference needs
- False Bay Amazing Train Race for your team-building requirements.
This unique location set in a ancient milkwood forest is the perfect place to turn your aspirations into action in 2016. We recommend:
- Monkey Valley Resort for your conference or meeting needs
- Beach Olympics on Noordhoek’s Long Beach for your team-building requirements
Conference in the Vineyards: Somerset West
Wine country makes a peaceful retreat for your 2016 strategic planning session. & a focused action plan. We recommend:
- Erinvale Estate Hotel & Conferencing for your conference needs
- Winelands Amazing Race for your team-building requirements
Can we help you turn your aspirations in action for 2016?
Call Cape Point Route on 021 789 0093 or email email@example.com for information.
Cape Point Route loves Strategic Getaways & Penguins
Call 021 789 0093 or visit www.capepointroute.co.za