In May 2013, the HMS Argyle , a British Royal Navy frigate arrived in Simon’s Town harbour and Cape Point Route was honoured to be asked to assist with their AT (Adventure Training) requirements whilst the ship was in the harbour.
Since then, Cape Point Route has assisted the HMS Richmond (Nov 2013); the HMS Portland (April 2014); the HMS Iron Duke & the HMS Protector (Sept 2014) and the HMS Dragon (Feb 2015) with AT and Leisure activities.
This August the HMS Lancaster will be arriving in Simon’s Town to refresh, refuel and repair after months in the Atlantic Ocean. This beautiful ship is a Duke Class Type 23 frigate of the Royal Navy and she was launched on 24 May 1990 and is known as the Queen’s Frigate.
Some interesting facts about the HMS Lancaster:
- She is one of the few stag ships in the Royal Navy fleet, and although she has some female officers, the mess decks are men only!
- This versatile multi-role ship can typically be deployed drug-busting in the Caribbean
- She is currently on Atlantic Patrol Tasking – providing ongoing protection & reassurance to British interests in the Atlantic.
- On 21 March 2015,Lancaster became the first ship in the Royal Navy to deploy with the navy’s new uniform and Wildcat
- The crew of theLancaster gathered on the deck of the vessel to spell the word sister, as a present from the Royal Navy, on the birth of Princess Charlotte of Cambridge on 2 May 2015
Cape Point Route is once again servicing the Royal Navy and looking after the lads on board to ensure that they enjoy their visit to Cape Town. The sailors are looking forward to participating in a variety of Recreational Accommodation, Overnight Packages, Tours and Activities organized for them by Cape Point Route, which include amongst others.
- Cape Town Beer Tour
- Safari Day and Overnight Tours
- Shark Cage Diving
- Ziplining In Elgin
- Scenic peninsula Flights
- Skydiving in Cape Town
We look forward to welcoming the HMS Lancaster to Simon’s Town and providing a right royal welcome.
Cape Point Route welcomes the British Royal Navy!
Cape Point Route also offers day tours, packages, accommodation, activities and car hire in Cape Town’s south peninsula in addition to teambuilding events in Cape Town. Call 021 789 0093 or visit www.capepointroute.co.za