Mothers Day: 11 May 2014
Mother’s Day is that special day each year when children honour their mother’s and society recognizes motherhood and the influence of mothers. Most mom’s feel special and appreciated particularly if the acknowledgement involves love, appreciation, time or effort taken with thought and care. Say “Thank You” to your mother this Mother’s Day and tell her you love her.
Here are some Cape Point Route suggestions for Mother’s Day 2014. If you are still floundering for ideas please contact Cape Point Route on our NEW telephone number at Noordhoek Farm Village on 021 789 0093 or email email@example.com
TAKE YOUR MOTHER TO TEA:
Whether it’s High Tea or tea at Home with mom, most mother’s will enjoy the time spent over that cuppa tea and any treats. We have recommended the Best Spots for a Cup of Tea on the Cape Point Route so why not check out that list for ideas. Read More…
This Mother’s Day we suggest a stylish yet relaxed tea at one of the following establishments.
- High Tea at Pure at Hout Bay Manor in Hout Bay
- Tea at Casa Labia in Muizenberg
- The Sophea Gallery and Tibetan Teahouse in Simon’s Town
EAT OUT ON MOTHER’S DAY: Breakfast, Lunch or Dinner
We love breakfast (see our previous best breakfast spots post!) and as it’s the first meal of the day, it’s a great way to spoil your mum. Our pick for a Mother’s Day Breakfast are:
- Cafe Roux at Noordhoek Farm Village in Noordhoek
- Two Oceans Restaurant at Cape of Good Hope Section, Table Mountain National Park. Get there early to beat the buses & get the best seat in the city on Mother’s Day.
For Mother’s Day Lunch we have picked some all time favourites to spoil your Mother.
- Pure Restaurant at Hout Bay Manor in Hout Bay has a 3 course Sunday lunch for R250 pp
- Lunch at the Foodbarn Restaurant at Noordhoek Farm Village – book early it gets very full! (*NOTE: If you take you mom to lunch during the week – the a la carte menu (Mon-Fri) is 50% off!
- Bay Harbour Market in Hout Bay for wholesome market produce.
- Cape Farmhouse Restaurant in Scarborough (*NOTE: Try the new Friday evening Tapas menu with Chef Phil at the Cape Farmhouse: from 6pm. )
Mother’s Day Dinner is also a good option to treat your mom after a day with her.
- The Toad in the Village at Noordhoek Farm Village in Noordhoek
- Village Sushi at Noordhoek Farm Village in Noordhoek
- Black Marlin in Simon’s Town (*HOT TIP: book in advance and you could win a hamper!)
- Wharfside Grill at Mariner’s Wharf in Hout Bay
MOTHER’S DAY SUNDOWNERS:
Take your mother for cocktails or a glass of wine with a view. You can climb a mountain and carry the wine cooler or you could take a scenic Sunday drive around the peninsula, stopping for the views on Chapman’s Peak Drive and the coastline of the Atlantic Seaboard and then stop for a cold one at one of the following spots:
MOTHER’S DAY SPA TREATMENT:
Every woman loves a spa treatment and your mother is no exception. Manicures, Pedicures, Massages or Facials are always winners as gifts or as unique relaxing time with Mom.
- Mushara Day Spa in Noordhoek (they have awesome winter specials including a mani and pedi for R200!!)
- The Majestic Spa in Kalk Bay (their May special is a Back and neck massage, deep cleanse facial and a pedicure for only R680)
- Inzolo Spa at Hout Bay Manor in Hout Bay (specials on express manis and pedis for mother’s day)
MOTHER’S DAY SHOPPING AND GIFTS:
The majority of women really enjoy a bit of shopping. Why not take the time to enjoy a shopping session with your mom this mother’s day – searching for clothes, decor, collectables or any of your mom’s favourite hobbies or passions. Hot spots for shopping on the Cape Point Route include Mainstream Mall in Hout Bay, Noordhoek Farm Village in Noordhoek, Bay Harbour Market in Hout Bay and the Casbah Design Boutique at Casa Labia in Muizenberg. We also love Kalk Bay and Simon’s Town for meandering and browsing and soaking up the atmosphere of the coastal villages. Our pick of the shopping spots with Mom is the First (or last) shop in Africa….
- Red Rock Tribal at the Cape Farmhouse Restaurant in Scarborough. You’ll find treasures for the collector and the traveller; Traditional artefacts and unique craft which has been sourced from the rural areas in Africa by owners Steven and Julietter De Combes. Open 10am – 5pm Wed – Sunday in Winter.
MOTHER’S DAY GETAWAY:
Spoil her! Go away with her! Treat her to a weekend or a night away from the daily chores and the daily grind and hang out in a beautiful place to celebrate and honour all she has done for you! Click for more accommodation on the Cape Point Route.
- Mariner Guesthouse: Simon’s Town
Spoil the mother in your life with a 2-night break-away stay at Mariner Guesthouse in Simon’s Town – Mothers stay for free! Rates from R 755 per night for 2 adults sharing a room, including breakfast. Valid for bookings in May 2014.
- Hout Bay Manor: Hout Bay
Just do it – Awesome hotel; awesome rate and a treat for mom.
R1,500 per night double/ R750 pp sharing.
- De Noordhoek Hotel: Noordhoek Farm Village: Noordhoek
R500 per person sharing per night. (Walk to 5 restaurants for breakfast, lunch or dinner!)
- Villa St James: St James
This spot is to die for and is absolutely massive – sleeping 16 people! Get a bunch of mother’s and daughters and book a weekend away.
Happy Mother’s Day to all the Mother’s and Grandmother’s out there. Thank you for all you do for your families and your communities and may you have a fabulous day.
Cape Point Route offers day tours, packages, accommodation, activities and car hire in Cape Town’s south peninsula in addition to teambuilding events in Cape Town. Call 021 789 0093 or visit www.capepointroute.co.za
DOWNLOAD THE FREE CAPE POINT ROUTE MOBILE APP